Saturday, July 9, 2011

Where did Spring Go?

I've been so blasted busy with graduation and job hunting that I've neglected what I swore I would not neglect. The time has come to come back to my blog, which I have missed.

Spring term was both delightful and terribly difficult. I fell in love with my students, and bawled on my last day with them. I keep hoping to catch sight of them out in the community. So far I've seen one of them, and it made my day to see her bright smile again. I know if I ever do get a classroom of my own that the hardest thing for me will be to let my students go at the end of the school year. I was only with this class of students for about 11 weeks, and it broke my heart to say goodbye. One of the students who really cares for me asked me if she could get her parents to hire me as her babysitter. It was a very touching moment. At least I've got pictures! They also signed a sort of end of the school year class book for me.



The quilting continues. I've got new pictures to post (but I'm on the wrong computer to do it) so pictures of the quilt I made for my mother in law are forthcoming. She really loves it, which makes me feel all warm inside. I'm making a quilt for my father's mother, which is nearly finished. Then I think I shall finally make a quilt for myself. Funny how I get so into the giving spirit that I forget often to think of making anything for myself. Well gosh darn it, after three years of quilting, I'm finally going to make a quilt for me!! I've been looking through my quilting books for ideas and I think I've decided on one I like. It will be good for me because it involves applique. I haven't done any of that before, so it will be a good learning experience. I'm aiming for a simple quilt for my first time with applique.

I miss my quilting group. I need to start going back to them again (if they still meet on Weds). I hope they do! I know that they will forgive my absence.


Pictures of lots of things soon.

LadyGrace 

1 comment: