Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Try Try Again - Starting WGU (Western Governers University)

It is funny how many hits my blog has had, probably because of the Cheez-It Area and Perimeter post that I did a few years back. I keep getting emails concerning it. I should figure out how to just post the worksheet and or provide instructions on how to create one. I might get around to that. Maybe. Hard to find time working full time, going to school as full time as I can, keeping house, and giving all the love and attention I can to my daughter.

I have been thinking about my blog a lot and why I stopped writing it. I think it was mostly because I just got busy, or lack of interest. It felt kind of pointless in a way. The only interest in it at all had to do with my lesson plan for using Cheez-Its to teach area and perimeter. Teaching is hard, and we take our help where we can get it.

I'll try to learn to use this program more efficiently and type things in here that may or may not be of interest to others.

I think I just want a place to be myself and not have to worry about what I say. If someone doesn't like it, then I guess they don't need to be reading this.

Right now I really should be working on my coursework. I've started attending Wester Governers University to complete my Masters of Education. It is often referred to as WGU. It is an OK school. completely online. I decided to go with this school because I can work from home on school stuff and not have to travel to do it. It is also a relatively cheap program compared to others.

This first course that I'm taking though is kind of brutal in that it is a bit on the boring side. I'm a visual and auditory learner with tendencies towards hands on stuff. So far everything is here read this, practice it, and then you will take a test... I don't usually do so well with that kind of learning. I also have my ADHD to contend with. So sitting here and reading at my computer for hours on end is really really hard. I'll have to take it one course at a time and see how I go from there.

I've also got my first teaching job started. I got the position at the start of October. I've settled in nicely and am happily able to say that I like my job. I haven't been able to say that since I worked at Chuck E. Cheeses. I'm an online teacher for a public online charter school. It is a very different position from what I initially imagined myself to be doing. But I like it. That is what is important. My kids are great.

That is just about all for now. Just getting my toes wet with the blog again. Perhaps this will turn into something and perhaps not.

Right now I'm just tired and the coursework is calling me back. Now back to "The Systematic Design of Instruction" ugh. Working on finishing Chapter Five: Evaluation and Revision of the Instructional Analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment